Monday, March 26, 2012

What perfect time than now?

Last night, I stayed up late looking into the dark wondering where I was going with my life. I resigned from my corporate cushy job 2 months ago with the intention of going back to school and returning home to help my mom. However, I feel listless more than ever. In fact, I feel more resigned because I have nothing planned out, with the exception of school.

Where am I going? What am I doing?

My mind spews out things I should do, things I can do, activities that would challenge me, and projects I could start. Within the convoluted priority list in my head, one thing kept popping up in my head - stop planning and simply do.  

What perfect time than now? 

I have no family to take care of, no dependents to feed, no large bills clouding my head, no 8-5 job holding me back.

Maybe I'll start on a memoir? Because I have complete fate in myself to know I'll be someone important in the future.

Maybe I'll dabble in a bit of fiction writing? Because I always wanted to test my own creativity and see how far it would go.

Maybe I'll take a class on acting? Because I want to know if I can cry on the spot without being sad.

Maybe I'll take bartending classes? Because I have a secret wish to act out scenes from Cayote Ugly one day.

I don't think of this as a bucket list because a bucket list implies you have all the time in the world to get things done. No, this will be my "Shit to do Now list" because nothing potentially great should wait. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment